It's simple to make and oh so delicious. Ya'll will love it!
- 7 cups tomato puree, organic
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups prepared horseradish
- Bring half of the tomato puree to a boil in a large stainless steel saucepan. While boiling, add the remaining puree. Reduce heat and simmer until the mixture reduces down by approximately half, about 20-25 minutes. Stir in all the ingredients except the horseradish. Bring mixture back to a boil. Boil for two to three minutes, routinely stirring. Remove from heat and add the horseradish. If you like a milder sauce, use half of the horseradish, then add to taste.
- Pack into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles and wipe rims. Add lids as each jar is filled. Process for 15 minutes in a water bath canner.
Note: For more in depth instructions on water bath canning see my post on “Canning for Beginners” dated 12/12/11.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” Please read my full Disclosure Policy.